What Is In Our Barrier Sprays?
At Ace Mosquito Control, we believe that the customers should be aware of the solutions that are used to control the mosquito population in their yards or outdoor spaces. When you book a treatment with us you can choose between the conventional treatment and the organic treatment. You may also qualify for a hybrid option where we apply the organic solution closer to the home and where people spend their time and the conventional method along the border of your yard in denser foliage. [button link=”https://acemosquitocontrol.com/barrier-spray-products” size=”small” bg_color=”#C1D72E”]Learn More[/button]
Ace Mosquito Control is proud to offer two different barrier spray products: the Ace Barrier Treatment and the 100% Natural Barrier Treatment. The standard Ace Barrier Treatment is the most effective treatment available – mosquitoes and pests are knocked down immediately and the residual “barrier” effect lasts for 21 days. The all-natural solution used in our 100% Natural Barrier Treatment will break down faster in normal conditions, and for that reason the barrier effect will last 14 days.
Learn the vital stats on each product below:
Ace Barrier Treatment
- Duration of barrier treatment – 21 days
- Active Ingredient – Bifenthrin (7.9%)
- Description of active ingredient –Bifenthrin is an insecticide in the pyrethroid family. Pyrethroids are synthetic versions of pyrethrins, which come from chrysanthemum flowers.
- Why is Bifenthrin used? Bifenthrin is a contact insecticide that binds tightly to organic matter. This is a safe alternative to other methods that were previously used. It is designed to leave residuals and will not break down quickly. This is used to treat mosquitoes where they breed and live. Once Bifenthrin is dry it is not harmful to humans or pets.
- How does Bifenthrin work on insects? Bifenthrin affects mosquitoes and other insects’ nervous systems and will kill them on contact. The dried residue will also kill the insects if they come in contact with it on the plants around your yard.
- What are some other applications using Bifenthrin?Products that contain Bifenthrin can be used on cereals, alfalfa, corn hay, grass seed, some fruits, vegetables and ornamentals.
- What safety precautions must be taken regarding Bifenthrin? It is important to avoid contact with Bifenthrin until it has dried completely. We ask that you and your pets wait inside while we apply the treatment and then wait to go outside until it dries completely. This usually takes about an hour, but may take longer on days with high humidity. Once it is a residue, it is safe for animals and humans.
- Is Bifenthrin harmful to any organisms other than insects? Bifenthrin can be harmful to fish and other aquatic life when used as a mosquito solution. Our technicians will not use this option near ponds, streams, or other bodies of water.
Ace 100% Natural Barrier Treatment
- Product Name – Essentria IC3
- Duration of barrier treatment – 14 days – 21 days
- Active Ingredient – Rosemary Oil (10.0%), Geraniol 600 (5.0%), Peppermint Oil (2.0%)
- Description of active ingredients – Derived from natural substances that plants use to defend against insects and microorganisms
- Why is Essentria used? Essentria is National Organic Program (NOP) compliant while still delivering a strong knockdown and residual control.
- How does this product work on insects? The oils work by disrupting the neurotransmitter function in the insects. Most insects use octopamine to handle these functions—the oils target the octopamine receptors to kill the mosquitoes. However, since vertebrate do not have octopamine receptors they are not affected by the solution.
- What are some other applications using Essentria? Essentria can safely be used on organic gardens and in and around restaurants and food processing facilities.
- What safety precautions must be taken regarding Essentria?Essentria is an all-natural insecticide and does not provide a safety risk when it is diluted. However, we do ask that you and your pets stay inside during the application and wait for 30minutes for the solution to dry completely. Once the solution is dry, you can resume your normal activities.
- Is IC3 harmful to any organisms other than insects? No. Essentria is safe for humans and it has no aquatic setback so that will not affect aquatic life.